SITE WILL PARTIALLY REOPEN ON 01/07/2021
It gives the Trust great pleasure to confirm that the Ardnamurchan Lighthouse Complex will re-open to visitors on 01.07.2021 at 10:00am.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING SAFETY ADVICE IN ADVANCE OF YOUR VISIT:
- The Tower and Information Centre will not be open to guests.
Tower tours will NOT take place until further notice, due to continuing enhanced hygiene and social distancing measures.
- The foghorn viewing platform will remain closed until work to replace the railings is complete.
Please DO NOT cross (or allow children to cross) the safety barrier in an effort to access the platform. The existing railings are unstable and there is a risk of falls from height if they give way.
- The site for our new viewpoint will remain closed until the build completes.
Please DO NOT cross (or allow children to cross) the safety barrier, as there is a high risk of falls and injury on the building material (broken stone blocks).
- We await the completion of handrails on two of our footpaths (the beach path and the path to the west picnic area). Please exercise caution and don’t let children run ahead.
We look forward to welcoming you back to an improved and more accessible site; but please respect the safety barriers/notices as works are still ongoing.
Please check our COVID-19 page before visiting.
Open daily from 10:00 – 17:00 (April – October inclusive)
Need to warm up and recharge after taking in our magnificent views? Feel like a treat after spotting your first Minke Whale?
The Stables Coffee Shop is on hand with freshly ground Italian coffee, light snacks, indulgent bakes and ice cream!
Our restored stable block contains a charming café with sturdy stone walls, original cobbled flooring (so do please mind your step) and friendly staff waiting to prepare your order. We also have an outside seating area for those who like their refreshments served with a sea view.
In 2020, the Trust undertook significant improvements to the Stables Coffee Shop; enhancing guest accessibility and comfort. The café now benefits from:
- A wider entrance door to improve accessibility
- A ramp and levelled entrance point to assist guests using mobility aids or pushchairs
- An open-plan gift shop area
- A more practical and more welcoming service space
Our heating and lighting systems have also been upgraded – keeping you cosy on those windy days and improving our energy efficiency.
The Stables Coffee Shop is run as a social enterprise. Each year, it provides three seasonal employment opportunities for local people, in addition to supporting the Trust’s full-time Manager post. For small communities such as ours, jobs build resilience; allowing families and communities to go on thriving in isolated rural areas.
Funds raised through our café are vital to protecting and enhancing the Ardnamurchan Lighthouse complex – especially now that the site is under community ownership.
So, as you tuck away a delicious cappuccino (and perhaps a slice of Rocky Road), you can relax in the knowledge that you are helping to care for this special place.
Copyright Michael Macgregor Photography