JUNE 2021: CLOSED FOR WORKS NO PUBLIC ACCESS
Due to major capital works on site, the Ardnamurchan Lighthouse Complex (including our coffee shop and all other visitor facilities) is temporarily CLOSED.
PLEASE DO NOT TRAVEL TO THE LIGHTHOUSE COMPLEX. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THE SITE ON FOOT OR WITH A VEHICLE, AND THE SMALL TURNING AREA WILL BE BLOCKED-OFF.
This extended closure is required to complete groundworks to our causeway and parking areas, which mean a temporary heightening of Health and Safety risks/access disruption as contractors and their machinery are on site. Our contractors also require full possession of the waiting/turning area at our entrance point.
We will share further detail concerning our reopening date as soon as we can.
Once again, PLEASE DO NOT TRAVEL TO THE LIGHTHOUSE COMPLEX UNTIL THIS ADVICE IS UPDATED.
Our visitor facilities remain closed, there will be no pedestrian access and you may not be able to turn your vehicle.
With our grateful thanks for your cooperation, and we look forward to welcoming you back once these essential improvements are complete,
Ardnamurchan Lighthouse Trust take our responsibility to our guests, personnel, and community very seriously. We have taken steps to assess and minimise, as far as possible, the risk of COVID-19 transmission on our site.
In return, we ask that our guests adhere to the Visitor Charter (available here and displayed at the Stables Coffee Shop).
THE TOWER AND INFORMATION CENTRE REMAIN CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Presently, we are unable to offer Guided Tower Tours or access to the Information Centre because these buildings are incompatible with Social Distancing and enhanced hygiene protocols.
THE STABLES COFFEE SHOP: WHAT TO EXPECT
To protect our guests and our personnel, we have made changes to how you are served:
- Ensure that you are wearing a face covering before you enter the building.
- Only use the door marked ‘ENTRANCE’ and sanitise your hands as you enter.
- Maintain Social Distancing with other guests and with our personnel. Floor markings have been installed to help you.
- A one-way system will take you past our service counter. This area is screened with Perspex and our personnel will be equipped with the necessary PPE.
- If possible, make payment using your debit or credit card. This minimises the handling of cash, which is a potential transmission risk.
- If you plan to sit inside, proceed past the counter to the indoor seating area. Note that capacity is limited to two tables per room.
- If you sit inside, you are required to leave ONE set of contact details for your party to support Test and Protect. All details are destroyed after three weeks.
- If you intend to sit outside, use the door marked ‘EXIT’ and turn right.
- You will find hand sanitiser points around the coffee shop. Use these as required.
THE TOILETS: WHAT TO EXPECT
To ensure that our toilet facilities can be cleaned thoroughly and frequently, not all cubicles have been opened. Other guests may be waiting ahead of you, so please keep that in mind and remain patient.
- Maintain Social Distancing with other guests and with our personnel.
- Sanitise your hands as you enter the toilet area.
- Minimise the touching of surfaces within the toilet cubicle.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before exiting your cubicle.
Sanitise your hands as you leave the toilet area.